Thursday 10 October 2013

Our Thankful Lists

During Daily 5 Work on Writing, we've been talking and writing lists about the things in our life we are thankful for.  Today we each chose our top 5 and created a Thanksgiving craft to take home for the weekend.  I'd like to share some of the students' ideas in case they don't make your child's top 5.  The lists are very thoughtful and heart touching.  Some are even quite funny and demonstrate what the children value and appreciate in their lives.
Below is a compilation of all the childrens' thankful lists.


Our Thankful Lists


I'm thankful for:
my life
my family
my pets
spending time with my family
having a safe place to live
my laugh and my life
strong bones
having a brother to not be lonely
to have boat to go fishing
my birthday
nature
music
life
my property
double-decker buses
cookies
helping people
air to live
clean water to drink
helping friends
my school
the ocean
a house to live in
trees so we can breathe
going camping with my family
my strong body
being able to go our for walks
life on Earth
rootbeer floats
pizza puffs
the moon, the sun, the galaxy
cousins
sparkly teeth
my fish
teeth to chew
my cozy bed
my hockey gear
my friends
fresh water
Halloween
being healthy
ice-cream
my nice teachers
my dogs Buddy and Cooper
my baseball glove and bat
holidays
books to read
food to eat
sweaters and jackets
art
lego
being able to do gymnastics
soccer
the things I hear, the things I see
Picasso art







No comments:

Post a Comment